Sr. Lead Technical Analyst, Inventory & Asset Reconciliation (CMAC/ATMOS)
Posted 3 weeks ago
Outside Plant Engineering and Construction is seeking an innovative Technical Analyst Manger to join our Technology Services team. This role will support tool strategy and administration for CMAC and ATMOS application(s) within the Network Engineering and Network Construction departments. The Analyst will need to understand the business/project needs & will work with other Analysts, Field resources, and Software Administrators to validate the requirements and user support items related to network materials and asset management. The Analyst collaborates with the design, development, and architecture teams to determine application, database, & other system impacts based on the requirements. This role will be the Application Administrator for CMAC and ATMOS and related applications within the Network Engineering and Network Construction Technology Services team and will be responsible for managing /resolving Tier I support tickets.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Key Application(s): CMAC and ATMOS
- Generates fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas and new approaches that create value for network materials and asset management.
- Proactively investigates and/or leads investigations of alternative approaches, technologies, or partnerships related to network materials and asset management.
- Serve as Application Support for all network materials and asset management toolsets supporting Network Engineering and Network Construction automation.
- Works with Field resources to interpret customer and business needs and translate them into application, system, technical and operational requirements.
- Develops business cases to determine prospective value of network materials and asset management software/tool enhancements and develops effectiveness measurement systems to evaluate the impact/effect of any change.
- Lead and create fully functional Test Scripts to support testing and training for network materials and asset management systems.
- Provides analytical support and business/technical review for submitted UET/Remedy (Unified Event Ticketing), emails and BAU (Business as Usual) needs to ensure alignment with ongoing enhancements and changes across multiple platforms.
- Attend recurring meetings and work as needed across multiple toolsets inside Network Engineering and Network Construction.
- Leads, engages, and participates in projects/applications requirement sessions to ensure proper technical requirements are clearly documented, testable, and managed.
- Will work closely with business and boundary partners (Field Operations, Customer Care, Engineering and vendors) to support application lifecycle from development through implementation.
- Determines impact on existing applications & databases based on requirements.
- Works directly with Development and QA teams to complete application implementations with minimal impact to customers.
- Develops technical documentation, processes, installation procedures and service guides, application training information and may assist in the development of end-to-end documentation for various projects and supported products/applications.
- Reviews vendor documents as appropriate including detailed functional specifications, and file and field layouts and determines if vendor solutions meet Cox requirements.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the architecture standards, an understanding of the business, and a deep understanding of respective domain architectures (business, information, application, technology).
- Operates with considerable latitude and with limited oversight from higher level leadership.
- Collaborates with and may lead functional or cross-functional teams to generate solutions to complex problems related to network materials and asset management.
- Provides guidance, coaching and training to others within department.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 6 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 12 years’ experience in a related field
- Strong performance in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
- Strong understanding of data query languages, such as SQL, and analysis/visualization capabilities, such as Tableau
- Mastery-level understanding of Network Engineering and Network Construction processes, programs, and tools
- Detailed knowledge of Network Engineering and Network Construction initiatives, objectives, and job types
- Construction or Engineering experience a plus
- 5 years of application support5 years of experience working in a technical analyst role in Technology or Engineering/Construction