Principal Associate, Senior Developer, Microsoft Applications
Work From Home
The Pew Charitable Trusts, Washington
Posted 3 weeks ago
Washington, DC (901 E)
Principal Associate, Senior Developer, Microsoft Applications ( Hybrid or Remote )
This is an exciting opportunity to help build our next generation of modern applications and be part of a dynamic teamworking on evolving technology at Pew!
- As the Principal Associate, Senior Developer, Microsoft Applications, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design and development of solutions on the Microsoft platform.
- Defining best practices for the organization based on industry standards and hands-on experience.
- Staying current on industry trends and advancements in capabilities within the Microsoft development and collaboration stacks.
- Understanding the needs and challenges of our users, along with the impact our systems can have on Pew’s mission.
- Mentoring other team members and working collaboratively to uplift the entire group.
- Following an agile methodology with the ability to adapt to changes in priority to deliver the best possible solutions for our internal partners.
- Remaining open to new ways of working and feeling empowered to research and experiment to choose the best approach to a given challenge.
The Principal Associate, Senior Developer, Microsoft Applications reports to the Manager, Application Development, and Integration. The position requires either monthly or quarterly travel to Pew’s Washington, DC office.
- Design and develop high-quality products to support Pew business processes using Microsoft Azure and related cloud technologies.
- Provide support for applications on M365 and Power Platform, including troubleshooting issues, creating enhancements, and implementing changes to align with updated best practices.
- Translate business requirements into documented solution designs, including architecture diagrams, configuration guides, and technical specifications.
- Work with the Manager, Application Development to design solutions and integrations, estimate effort, and conduct code and design reviews.
- Support the manager by mentoring other team members. Guide team members to best practices and conduct design reviews for proposed solutions.
- Advises technical and business staff on new application features and their impact on existing processes, technical design, requirements definition, and ongoing support.
- Manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for assigned work.
- Experience in working on cloud-native .NET Core applications in an Azure environment and developing applications utilizing Azure stack (App Services, Data Services, Functions, etc.). Three-plus years preferred.
- Demonstrated expert level software development experience in full product cycle: design, development, release, and maintenance. Six-plus years preferred.
- Hands-on experience with developing projects using Agile methodology.
- Preferred hands-on experience in integration with third-party cloud systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing SharePoint Online and Power Platform solution development.
- Solid working knowledge of SQL and associated database concepts having experience with relational databases (preferably MS SQL Server). Experience with designing and implementing large systems and databases preferred.
- Strong understanding of secure software development principles.
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Azure DevOps/TFS and Git.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate and/or Microsoft Certified M365 Solution Developer Associate.; Power Apps Certifications PL 100 and/or PL 200