At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
About the Organization:
Lilly Research Labs (LRL) plays an important role in progressing the Lilly pipeline and driving the delivery of medicines from the time molecules leave the scientific research environment through product launch. LRL IT is responsible for establishing the technologies to enable the future capabilities of LRL, for delivery of solutions to meet approved information management and technology initiatives, and for the stability of the current solutions to meet evolving business needs.
Within LRL IT, our Clinical Operations/Digital Solutions team speeds innovation to patients. We do this by ensuring effective clinical trial management and interactions with teams at study site locations by delivering operational systems and modern platforms using agile methodologies. This ultimately contributes to the sound benefit-risk science that ensures the right treatment to the right patient at the right time.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Integrations Support Lead is responsible for understanding, solving, and managing integrations between clinical systems, the enterprise data backbone, and other software-as-a-service solutions. Specifically, this role will collaborate with LRL IT agile teams, business partners, and multiple vendors to proactively prevent integration failures or data flow issues through automation, sophisticated testing strategies, and effective vendor management. This position will work with the Associate Director, Clinical Operations/Digital Solutions Support & Operations Manager, Lilly Research Labs IT.
How You’ll Succeed:
To be successful in this role, candidates will have to be skilled at building relationships and have a curiosity about building a technical foundation. The successful candidate will have high learning agility paired with the ability to translate business processes into technical concepts.
- Responsible for integrations, both new and existing, for trial management systems to implement accurate service onboarding, issue resolution, and proactive monitoring/testing.
- Work with InfoHub Enterprise Data Backbone IT partners and third-party vendors to understand full data flow.
- Lead impact analyses for major or repeated issues relating to integrations or data flow and influence technical or business process changes based on findings.
- Work on a Test Automation Program with responsibility for automating tests for integrations and assisting with remaining portfolio automation needs.
- Leads and handles integration enhancement projects including understanding and settling business impact, creating small project plans, and evaluating technical options.
- Designs, implements and leads the Service Level Management process to deliver the end-to-end IT service of daily operational activities, with the ability to flex vendor management and excellent customer service for our business partners.
- Engages in continuous improvement through regular reviews of support analyses and external vendor check-ins.
- Incorporates ITILv4 methodology and standard processes into support and service activities and work to reduce manual processes in environment management.
What You Should Bring:
- ITIL v4 Foundations certification or additional ITIL v4 certifications preferred
- Ability to proactively address resiliency, control assessment, and back-up processes through automated methods
- Familiarity with Software Quality Assurance methods and techniques
Your Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 2+ years knowledge of the software development process, spanning the entire lifecycle from project initiation to deployment, support, and retirement
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for these positions.